Updated March 23, 2022
We are challenged and inspired by the courage and strength of God we see in our global family in Ukraine. In the face of fear, they are still choosing to pray and trust God. We are working with Pastor Gennadiy from Church of Good Changes in Mariupol, Eastern Ukraine and Pastor Anatoly from New Life Church Kiev. We stand with them in their faith in God as their firm foundation.
Here are the three ways Mariners is currently responding to the relief efforts through our partners:
- Mariners has purchased over 200 tons of food so far to provide relief to 3 of the most desperate cities: Kyiv, Kharkiv, and Dnipro
- New Life Church in Kyiv has become our hub/coordinating body on the ground.
- Drivers are risking their lives daily to distribute raw goods or ‘family bundles’ which feed three people for a week within hotspot communities
Purchase of Vehicles for Supply Delivery and Evacuation
- In partnership with other churches in Southern California, Mariners has purchased 4 vans to help with food, medical supply delivery and refugee evacuation in Ukraine
- These vans are being utilized to bring in thousands of dollars worth of medical supplies and food to communities in need
- Through Church of Good Changes and New Life Church we’ve already been a part of welcoming refugees into Germany and France
- 24 women and children from Church of Good Changes are currently finding refuge at a home in France that was generously provided
- Through our Disaster Relief partners, Convoy of Hope, we are supporting their work in Poland to welcome millions of refugees over the Ukrainian border
Mariners has the opportunity to continue to support our partners with prayer as well as financial generosity. Please consider giving to the Ukraine disaster relief fund HERE by selecting “Disaster Relief” in the dropdown menu.
We are not currently sending any teams to Ukraine at this time, but we encourage you to engage prayerfully and generously as you are able.
Disaster Relief at Mariners
We offer our prayers to God, believing that He is present in the midst of trouble, and will bring comfort and relief to those directly and indirectly impacted. “Have no fear of sudden disaster or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked, for the Lord will be at your side and will keep your foot from being snared.” Proverbs 3:25-26
Our designated fund for disaster relief is used to provide immediate financial assistance and support through our local church partners in affected areas. “Tell them to use their money to do good. They should be rich in good works and generous to those in need, always being ready to share with others.” 1 Timothy 6:18
Not every natural disaster is the same, but our desire to show that we care is always present and in some circumstances, we respond with our physical presence. Our value is to partner with existing local churches who will stand present with the community before, during, and after the disaster. Engagement can be for a brief season, or sometimes last long-term, dependent upon what would best serve each unique situation. “And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, “How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!” Romans 10:15
Interested in serving with Disaster Relief? Click here!