Saturdays: 5p | Worship Center
Sundays: 9a & 11a | Worship Center
Sundays: 9a & 11a | Chapel
Sunday nights: 7p | Community Center
Our ESL classes help adults acquire the English language skills they need for daily living and to build friendships with native speakers.
FALLS SESSION SEPTEMBER 12 – DECEMBER 13
We currently have three classes to choose from:
MORNING SESSION – 9:30am-11:30am
AFTERNOON SESSION – 4:30pm-6:30pm
EVENING SESSION – 6:30pm-8:30pm
“When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.”” – Leviticus 19:33-32
Mission: To serve the immigrant population of Orange County through English education and relationship building.
- REPRESENT: Represent Christ and Mariners Church while welcoming immigrants.
- QUALITY & CONSISTENCY: Present quality and consistent English learning lessons and experiences.
- RELEVANCE: Be relevant to those we are serving, adapting to their needs, and providing cultural guidance.
- COMMUNITY: Develop lasting relationship and contributing towards a sense of community of mutual interest and support.
We are blessed to live in a multicultural community. Many individuals and families move to Orange County from other countries for educational, economic and/or business opportunities. Through English as a Second Language (ESL) classes, adults can practice English conversation skills with native speakers. A community of mutual respect and friendship is provided for all. New students and volunteers always welcome! Learn more about volunteering as an ESL tutor and being a reflection of Christ as you help people learn the English language! Training provided, no experience necessary, additional tutors are always needed and may apply year round.
- 3 Classes meet on Thursday 9:30a, 4:30p, and 6:30[
- No more than 6-10 students per tutor
- Levels of teaching range from beginner to advanced
- No experience is necessary to be a tutor
- Training includes a one-time online training through South Coast Literacy Council (2 hrs) and a Mariners Training Workshop once a semester.
Fall 2019 Orientation and Workshop
September 8th • 12:30-3:30p in the Community Center, Room 300
Please join us for our Fall Tutor Orientation/Workshop. Whether you choose to serve as a tutor, assist with Admin and Welcome Table, or help with the Leadership, we would love to see you!
We are excited to offer practical tutoring and community-building tips. Connect and brainstorm with fellow volunteers who will be serving at your same class time. Yes, you can attend if you simply want more information before you decide if this is the place God has for you.
For more information contact Peggy at sclc.mar[email protected] or 949-374-7841.
Meet The Team
Community Center Director
ESL Lead Volunteer