Saturdays: 5p | Worship Center
Sundays: 9a & 11a | Worship Center
Sundays: 9a & 11a | Chapel
Sunday nights: 7p | Community Center
“When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.”” – Leviticus 19:33-32
Mission: To serve the immigrant population of Orange County through English education and relationship building.
- REPRESENT: Represent Christ and Mariners Church while welcoming immigrants.
- QUALITY & CONSISTENCY: Present quality and consistent English learning lessons and experiences.
- RELEVANCE: Be relevant to those we are serving, adapting to their needs, and providing cultural guidance.
- COMMUNITY: Develop lasting relationship and contributing towards a sense of community of mutual interest and support.
Our ESL classes help adults acquire the English language skills they need for daily living and to build friendships with native speakers.
WINTER 2019 SEMESTER – January 17 – May 23
We currently have three classes to choose from:
We are blessed to live in a multicultural community. Many individuals and families move to Orange County from other countries for educational, economic and/or business opportunities. Through English as a Second Language (ESL) classes, we are able to engage these individuals, inviting them into a church community while also helping to meet some practical, everyday needs. Learn more about volunteering as an ESL tutor and being a reflection of Christ as you help people learn the English language! Training provided, no experience necessary, additional tutors are always needed and may apply year round.
- Classes meet every Thursday
- No more than 8 students per tutor
- Levels of teaching range from beginner to advanced
- No experience is necessary to be a tutor
- The official ESL tutor training (required) will be available online through the South Coast Literacy Council (2hrs). Textbook provided: Side by Side
New Tutor Interest Meeting – Jan 6, 2019
Meet our team and allow us an opportunity to on-board you into the ESL Community. The best part about serving in our ESL Ministry…you don’t need to speak any other language to be a successful tutor. All you have to do is show up with a servants heart and the Lord will take care of the rest.
Next Information Meeting & Orientation – Jan 10, 2019
Please join us for a one day ESL training event. Whether you chose to serve as a tutor, assist with check-in, or just to be a part of the ESL fellowship and community…we would love to see you. We are excited to offer practical teaching & community-building tips. Connect & brainstorm with fellow volunteers who will be teaching at your same level.
Meet The Team
Community Center Director
ESL Lead Volunteer