All physical VBS Kits have been distributed, but DIGITAL VBS KITS are available!
Email [email protected] to get access to all the downloadable VBS materials.
Through VBS in Your Neighborhood, kids will dig deep into God’s Word to build on the foundation Jesus provides through His word. While current restrictions don’t allow us to have a giant VBS like we have in the past, we want to continue sharing the good news of Jesus with our kids across Orange County.
The Idea: You invite the kids whom you will host and we provide you with materials and ideas for the program. Think of it like throwing a kids backyard birthday party for a group of kids.
What if I’m concerned about intermingling?
Due to Covid-19 concerns, we understand some hosts may choose to limit their site to families that they personally know and feel comfortable being with…that’s totally fine! You can choose to host for a group of kids that have already been in your safe circle.
When is it?
Three days, two hours a day during the week of August 3. We recommend either a morning (9-11am) or an evening (6-8pm) session. Hosts may choose.
What if I want to volunteer?
Thank you for your heart to serve! If you aren’t interested in hosting, but would like to volunteer, fill out the interest form below and we will let you know how you can help with pre-VBS preparations, or serving or leading at a neighborhood VBS site. If you are a student and willing to help at a site, we’d love to try and find a place for you to serve.
What will Mariners Kids provide?
Mariners Kids will provide 3 days (2 hours/day) of lessons and ideas for all the fun!
You will receive a VBS Kit during pick up the week of July 27 or you can download digital items from our VBS site, that will include:
- Invitations and publicity ideas for you to invite friends or neighbors.
- Opening and closing rally lessons with Tim Timmons music and videos, memory verse teaching and an outreach moment.
- Elementary Bible lessons and Bible truths with questions for you to lead group discussions. You can choose to show the videos or teach on your own.
- Craft kits with some supplies for the number of kids you will host or craft ideas (if you choose to download digital content). (We will ask you to provide some basic craft supplies to supplement)
- Ideas for themed snacks and games.
- Global outreach learning videos to watch at home.
- Additional resources, ideas and support.
- The location
- The kids
- Basic craft supplies such as scissors, glue, etc.
- Game supplies
- Your team of volunteers – junior high and high school students are amazing helpers! (We have additional help should you need any)
- Any additional ideas you might like to add
- We are able to provide these VBS kits for free, because of the generosity of those who give to Mariners church.
Dates & Times:
- You can host and lead your program during the week of August 3rd.
- You can choose how long you want to spend for each part, but we recommend 2 hours total.
To Sign Up:
- Use the form below to sign up to host or volunteer.
- After you have signed up to host, we will reach out and invite you to an information meeting where you can get your questions answered, receive details on training and VBS kit pick up dates, and exchange tips and ideas with other volunteers.
Here’s how you can serve children & families through VBS:
Hosting: Hosting for my own group of children or providing my backyard, front yard, driveway.
Serving: I’m available to serve at a neighborhood site, if needed.
Exceptional Kids: Providing support for Exceptional Kids participants (in advance or onsite).
Questions: [email protected]