Saturdays: 5p | Worship Center
Sundays: 9a & 11a | Worship Center
Sundays: 9a & 11a | Chapel
Sunday nights: 7p | Community Center
Child Dedication is a commitment for parents to raise their child in the ways of the Lord. During our Child Dedication, parents are provided the opportunity to make a public declaration to raise their children in a Christ centered home, and do all they can to lead their kids to know and believe the gospel. The church community is a part of this celebration and is asked to commit to support and partner with these parents in their calling.
This dedication is not a statement of salvation for a child, but rather a statement of how the parents will raise their child. While not a command of Scripture, child-parent dedication can be a symbol of a parent’s desire to obediently raise your child in the knowledge and instruction of the Lord.
“I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord.”
How Do I Dedicate My Child at Mariners?
Step 1: Register for and attend a Child Dedication Class..
For parents to have a full understanding and context regarding the important role they play within child dedication, parents are required to attend a dedication class.
Step 2: Be scheduled by our children’s ministry for an available dedication weekend.
Once you have attended a class and a dedication service time is available, you will be contacted and scheduled for a date on a dedication service weekend. Service times are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. If the date or service time does not work for your family, you have the option to stay on the list and be contacted for the next dedication weekend.
Participate in the child dedication during a weekend church service.
- The dedications take place in a separate special ceremony approximately one hour before service with guests of families and our elders and pastors.
- Parents will personally introduce their child and share their child’s life verse.
- Parents are invited into a public commitment reflecting how they desire to raise their child in the Lord.
- Families will be blessed and prayed for by a pastor or elder of Mariners Church.
- After the ceremony, families and guests will transition to the Worship Center.
- Dedication families will go on stage briefly in the Worship Center. The congregation is invited to pray over the children and families demonstrating our support as a church of these children.
For more information contact: [email protected]